Sunday, June 29, 2008

What on earth am I paying the service charge for???

This is ridiculous. Singapore's service is getting from bad to worse. Just ate at Far East Plaza just now and not only did the waitress got my order wrong even though she wrote it correctly on the order paper, she told me the establishment doesn't serve plain water!

So am I right to say that the 10% service charge is for the waitress to take my order and serve it to me? I even have to go to the cashier myself to pay, and they even limit the credit card payment to at least $30. So what on earth is the service charge for??

This kind of service is really disappointing compared to the US. I clearly remember the time I ate at Amardillo Willys in California and the service is top notch (Ribs are great by the way). Water is free and guess what? We gave them tips because we felt the service was very good.

I do not mind giving service charge if I see some form of service rendered. So far, this is going to be the 2nd place I'm putting in my ban list. I wonder how many more I will add before the year ends.

Singapore... You have a very long way to go.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...