Sunday, June 15, 2008

US Economy Propped by Tourists

After shopping around San Francisco, from Stanford Shopping Centre to Gilroy, I can safely assume that the US has indeed cut down on their consumption. Any rise of consumption is mostly propped up by tourists. Most of the people I see in those shops are all tourists. I see very few locals in shopping malls. The most locals I've seen is in the low-cost stores, like Costco.

To whichever analysts that say that the downturn will only last for a while. Well... I suggest not to believe in them. Growth is not the in-thing now. In fact, if the company can survive without red-ink, the company is considered very well-run. Its not really good over here. Even the US people are pretty disheartened.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...