Saturday, June 7, 2008

Things to note at San Francisco

Updated 21 Jun 2008: Photos

Just reached back to the hotel not too long ago and getting ready to sleep. I've woke up at 5.30am on a Friday morning, and now its 2pm Saturday afternoon, all Singapore time. I've only slept a grand total of at most 2 hours, interrupted sleep. *yawn*

I flew from Singapore to Seoul to San Francisco. Very tiring, and I had very little sleep. In fact, I've watched so many movies that I've lost count on what I've watched.

Just some things to note for Singaporeans going into USA.

For Singaporeans, take note of the visa requirements for USA. As a rule of thumb, you're safe if your passport date of issue is before 2005. If it is not, you'll need the biometric passport on the safe side. More information can be found in this website.

If you need to transit to Seoul, just follow the directions by the staff at the airport. You will get a green(visa waiver program - Singaporeans)/white visa declaration form, and a customs declaration form upon transit. The customs declaration form is only 1 per family, or 1 per person if you're just colleagues or friends traveling together. You will need to go through the whole hand-carrry baggage process again in Seoul, so be prepared. Basically, you only have about 20-30mins after you clear the transit immigration in Seoul. There are some shops there, and food stalls too, if you're hungry. Korean food court, KFC, Dunkin Donuts, etc. You can even use credit card to pay for your meal at KFC.

Here are some of the photos I've taken in the airport at Seoul:


KFC, Donuts!



KFC, Donuts (Interior)



Korean Food court


Another point to note is that from Seoul to San Francisco, you might be randomly called up for a more detailed search. Depends on your luck... ;) Sometimes the staff might randomly check your documents too. Do not be worried if they do that. Its just their standard procedure.

Temperature upon landing I felt was around 17-18 degrees. Now, I feel that the temperature is around 12-13 degrees. Problem though is the wind. The wind is very cold and a windbreaker is not enough. Luckily I have "backup". :)

Anyway, even with my lack of sleep, I was pulled immediately to a meeting in Silicon Valley. It's really an eye opener though. The guys there really know what they are doing, unlike the "experts" I've talked to in Singapore. They are quite knowledgeable on the subject they are in. I can feel it from the talk. No wonder people say that working in USA is an eye opener. Now I know why...

I will post some photos here once I get back because I do not have a SD card reader for my Mac.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...