Sunday, June 8, 2008

My way of avoiding of jet lag

My trick of avoiding jet lag, especially for my trip to San Francisco from Singapore, is ... ...
not to sleep too much on the way there, and follow San Francisco time zone strictly. That means the sleeping and waking times, and meal times .

I think so far, this method has worked for me in avoiding jet lag when going overseas. The key idea is to let your body accustom to the time difference by observing the sleeping time, and the meal times strictly. At least for my body, if I follow the meal times and my sleep patterns, it will somehow adjust very quickly. That means no matter how much I want to sleep, or how full I am, I will force myself to eat or sleep at the appropriate time.

I have only napped for 1 hour + on the plane, but I slept at the normal time I use to sleep back in Singapore, in US timing of course. As a result, I woke up at my normal time too (7+am), without the alarm clock. However, the first day upon arrival, you will be very very very tired. :p

Had fun shopping today. :) This place is really a shopping paradise. The designs here are really unique, and I'm very sure I can't find it in Singapore.

Okay, going to bed soon. Its near my normal bedtime timing and I'm feeling a little sleepy. :)

1 comment:

Rhinestic said...

gah.... have fun there.. haha

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...