Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tired but happy

Saturday is actually one of the busiest day of the week for me. I can get up as early as 8+am, and I will only reach home close to 1am every single week. Surprisingly though, it is one of the happiest day of the week for me, and I look forward to it. Maybe the reason is because I am having the most fun on that day. It's the day where I release all my stress either through my guitar, or through talking with my friends. Somehow, saturdays always seem to be too short for me.

Yesterday was the most hectic day I had this year so far. Went for a lunch appointment at 12, rushed to perform in a welcome tea at 2.30pm, and met up with my friends later on at 4pm til midnight, and did an impromptu performance for my friend's son (Chris) so that he could stop crying. :)

The cutest thing that happened yesterday was actually the impromptu performance I gave to Chris. He is less than 6 months old, and he has a very interesting reaction while I was playing. He will alternate between staring at me, and my fingers at the fingerboard. The funny thing is as he was staring so intensely at the fingerboard, I started to feel uncomfortable. I think all guitarist will agree that if someone stares hard at the fingerboard, you will start to feel uncomfortable and there is a higher chance you'll make mistakes, unless the piece is simple and/or you're familiar with it. Sad to say that even babies have that effect on me. I started to fumble at the less familiar pieces because he was staring so intensely at my fingers. :p

To top it off, when I stopped playing, he stared at my fingers for a while, and he started crying. All of us couldn't resist laughing out loud. He stopped crying and resumed staring at me when I played a few rescarado chords, but he started crying again when I stopped playing.

That was so funny. Babies are really cute. :D

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...