Monday, June 7, 2010

Rising Trend of Flash Mobs in Singapore. But...

Looks like Singapore is finally catching on the wave of using Flash Mobs to catch attention and raise awareness. YOG has been using Flash Mobs these past few months to raise awareness, the most recent being yesterday at Orchard Road. Found a video at Youtube on what happened at Orchard:





Let's say that I'm somehow a little disappointed on what I've seen. Video taking aside, I've always thought that the highlight of a Flash Mob is not knowing what to expect. The dance should also be simple enough in some parts so that the public can maybe even join in if they want to.

In my personal opinion, I would prefer that the dance steps for the Flash Mob at Orchard to be simpler, and there should be more elements of surprise, in relation to YOG of course. I've still no idea what's the purpose of a whole sea of orange people at the back that weren't doing much. That space at the back could be better used to insert elements of surprise in the flash mob.

Below is a Youtube Flash Mob video that I've seen some time back. This in my opinion is quite a successful Flash Mob. It is a promotion stunt for a Belgian television program, where they are looking for someone to play the leading role, in the musical of "The Sound of Music".






Now this is what I call a Flash Mob. :)

1 comment:

Rhinestic said...

I like the Sound of Music flash mob.. hahaha

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...