Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Not surprising that Facebook apps are pointless

Just read an article from News.com on the above. Am I surprised by the conclusion? Heck no... I could see it the moment I started playing with it. In fact, you do not even need to commission a study. Just use it and you'll know. Its just so confusing, not to mention that sometimes the apps just do not work for some reason or another.

Like it or not, people like to go to a specific place whenever they need to get something. For e.g, if I want to look for books, I go to Amazon. Or locally, Borders, Kinokuniya, MPH, etc. I will not go into a big shopping mall and start looking at all the bookstores within the mall.

So when you start building apps in a single big website that has no objective, you get alot of confusion. Coupled with the fact that the apps are not QCed and can be done by anyone, everyone will also be a little apprehensive on using it. Who knows what trojan horse is embeded within the Facebook app.

In the end, IM and Skype will still win the day.

1 comment:

Rhinestic said...

Yah loh.. I oso seldom check my facebook account now..

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...