Sunday, August 12, 2007

Guang Liang at Jakarta

Well, it seems that I was lucky to be able to catch a concert by Guang Liang at Jakarta on 10th August 2007. Basically there were a few singers there. Yang Ming, Vina Panduwinata, and the last was Guang Liang. It was held at Sangs International Executive Club.

It was quite interesting... For Yang Ming, after singing some songs, he actually downed one whole jug of beer. I'm not sure what was that for though. I came late because of the famous Jakarta traffic jams so I'm not sure what songs did he sing.

When Vina's turn came, that was the interesting part. Although I don't understand the words she were singing, I understand the music. It was quite upbeat, and different from Chinese and English music. I think she sang 1 song which I've heard before. As what I've indicated in the previous post of "Greetings from Jakarta", the key part was that she came down on the stage and "flirted" with the audience below. :)

For Guang Liang, what can I say... Good and solid voice. He said he's coming out with his album in Oct. He apologized for the long wait because he needs time to compose his compositions. I guess it'll be worth waiting for. His pitching was quite accurate, but he seems to be drinking alot of water. His low pitch seems to be a little unstable though. He sang all his compositions, and all his hits. He also sang a duet with Vina. Yes... Vina chinese pronunciation was not that good, but it was quite enjoyable. Vina actually wrote all the chinese words in English so she can sing it. Dedication to the arts...

For some reasons, I think Guang Liang purpose in Jakarta was more of the Malaysia tourist ambassador. He was showing alot of clips promoting Malaysia as a tourist attraction. :)

All in all, quite an enjoyable performance. The fans at Indonesia are definitely more "friendly" than in Singapore. :)

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...