Saturday, August 11, 2007

Greetings from Jakarta

Wrapping up my business trip over here. Just spent a few hours writing my report last night. :) Short trip here, but it has left an impression on my mind. I can't imagine that the slums in Jakarta are so close to the airport. To think its the capital city.

Anyway, I flew in here a few hours after the earthquake hit Jakarta. According to the locals here, life still goes on as per normal. Nothing special for them.

Think the Singapore traffic jams are bad? You've not seen anything yet. You should see the Jakarta traffic jam. Far worse... The roads are also not that well maintained. However, life still goes on, abeit a little slower (because of the jams)

This trip makes me appreciate Singapore even more. But still, only with criticisms, will improvements come. ;)

I don't think I have time to do any sight seeing, but just last night, I've caught a concert by Guang Liang here in Jakarta. Pity I didn't have my camera with me this trip, but his voice is good. No pitching problems and he sang all his compositions, and the popular ones like 约定,童话,第一次. It was quite relaxing... They had a few other singers too, one local. The local singer actually came down on stage and teased my boss and me. Luckily, or unluckily, I've no idea what is she saying. So I just kept shaking my head, and laughing. :) According to the locals, she wanted me to hug her tightly, or something along those lines.

All in all, it was a good trip. I've learned a lot, in terms of ERP functions, and life in other countries. I've enjoyed the Guang Liang concert too for my rest and relaxation. :) However, I think someone might not be too happy with me since I flew off so soon after my Shanghai trip. Sorry dear...

I still have some posts for China. :) I'll see if the picture I've taken of Guang Liang on my handphone is good enough. Flying back soon in a few hours. So many things to do... Oh well. That's life... Ganbatte.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...