Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What is true leadership?

Recently I was reading an article on leadership and it led me into thinking if true leadership exists in our current work environment. Back in 2008, I've written a snippet about leadership here, which I felt is the epitome of leadership. However I feel that even basic leadership, about ideas, setting an example and doing the right thing, judging from the recent news on the Goldman Sachs, is sorely lacking.

It's no longer about your product, no longer about your service, no longer about what your business can do to resolve problems.

Nowadays, it seems that leadership is all about money. As long as you hit your KPI, that's all that matters. It's all about earning more than the previous year. How common is it now to see even team leaders putting the team in front of personal interests?

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...