Monday, August 11, 2008

Genting Outdoor Theme Park

According to my friends, the outdoor theme park has changed a lot too. However, I did not even remember passing by a theme park the last time I was there. :p

Same as the indoor theme park, it was quite disappointing. The map is very confusing, and you need to pay additional for one of the rides, called the Flying Coaster. Same as the indoor theme park, I will not recommend anyone to go for Genting just purely because of the theme park.

I did not go for any of the water rides because believe me, once you've seen the color of the water, you won't want to be inside the water ride. The water is green in color!

The only interesting ride I felt, that was in the outdoor theme park ticket, is the Grand Prix Fun Kart. For that ride, you'll get to ride a real go-kart around a mini track. Very interesting and fun, but a little bad for your back as the track is not really well maintained. You need to be of a certain age before you can play I think. I did not see any small kids in the queue.

The Spinner and the Pirate Ship ride are of course quite worth it. The Flying Dragon was just okay. Not really a thrilling ride in my opinion. There was a long queue for the Corkscrew, so we skipped that one. The Space Shot, and the Super Toboggan were not available though.

Actually, the only thing that I felt was the highlight of my Genting getaway was the Grand Prix Fun Kart, other than the excellent dinner I had at Happy Valley Restoran at Theme Park Hotel.

Some of my random pictures:


Sungai Rejang Flume Ride


Flying Dragon


Cyclone


Pirate Ship


Flying Coaster (Need to pay additional)


Grand Prix Fun Kart


Fun Karts waiting to go


Corkscrew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi..i am going to genting this december. I think that the theme park is quite fun but the rides aren't that trilling. I just hope that no rides will be closed...:) Could you tell me more about it? And the price? thanks.

chantc said...

It's seasonal and sometimes rides will close. Do take note which rides are included in the theme park ticket, which isn't. Just because its inside the theme park does not necessary mean that its in the package.

Look for more info here:
http://www.genting.com.my/en/themepark/index.htm

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...