Thursday, June 14, 2012

Do you know what is a weblog?

I think many do not know that a blog is actually a short for weBlog, which is an online diary where people would keep a running account of their personal lives. Why would people want to keep an online diary?

Personally, the reason I do this is because I feel that whenever I try to write something that I'm thinking about, it forces me to re-think on the topic and sometimes, I end up not writing that post because the very act of putting my thoughts to words make me re-think my stand. An online diary that allows comments will also help you to learn because someone might disagree with your thoughts and the reason is very valid.

Personally, I follow strictly to this definition and I've so far resisted attempts to focus my blog on a particular subject. That is not my main objective. My objective is to share and to learn, and hopefully I will continue on this path. Searching though my past thoughts can sometimes be very entertaining too. It shows how my thinking has evolved throughout the years. :)

Here's to blogging.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...