Friday, October 7, 2011

App Store is a data hog. :)

I was reading a ZDNet article here that states that Apple App Store is one of the main apps that consumes the bulk of your wireless data plan. It seems that in the US, the App Store accounts for more than 13% of all iPhone Data usage.

I find the data quite interesting as I do not go into the App Store that often. Maybe it's the discipline I have that I only go into the App Store when I have a Wifi connection. I find it also interesting that Google Maps consumes only 8.3% of the data used, while e-mail consumes only 4% of the data used. What about Facebook? That's only 2.8%.

Watching movies and streaming music services account for the majority of the data consumed, about 35%. So if you find that your data plan is not enough, cut down on that. :)



No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...