Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wong Chi Kei @ Hong Kong

Wong Chi Key (黄枝记) was a random restaurant that we went into at the basement (or ground floor?) for dinner while we were walking around City One Plaza at Sha Tien, Hong Kong.

 
Apparently, this restaurant is famous for its congee and wonton noodles and popular among locals, which we were totally unaware. We ordered 4 dishes and after the meal, I understood why it is popular among locals. The food is really good. The food costs slightly above HKD260, but I think that's because of the type of food we ordered. :)

Would I go there again? Most probably I would. It was very filling. Below are pictures of what we ordered and some comments.

Vegetables with oyster sauce. Vegetables cooked quite well.

Wonton soup with a number of wontons within

Wonton closed up. The wonton is quite good, best I've eaten so far in Hong Kong.

Fried Ee Mian with Mushroom and Abalone (I think). Tasty and filling

Fried Ee Mian with Mushrooms and pork (I think). The Ee mian is not too salty and blends in well. Filling too.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...