Sunday, March 15, 2009

Speaking the truth

I quote from an old Arab proverb:

When you shoot an arrow of truth, dip its point in honey.


I always tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. Sometimes, I really feel so tired. I speak the truth, I piss people off. I choose to remain silent, I also piss people off.

Truth sometimes hurt, but the problem of finding the "honey" to lessen the hurt sometimes is either elusive, or non-existent. Where can I find this "honey"? I'm tired of feeling so frustrated.

Given the choice, I will still piss people off. To tell people what they want to hear is all too easy. To tell people what they need to hear. That's the art that I need to grasp.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...