Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shopping in California

For my trip to California, these are the shopping areas that has left an impression on me due to either its size, or its huge variety of products:
  1. Stanford Mall

    This mall is located right next to Stanford University at Palo Alto. It has a variety of shops including small ones like Apple Store, Coach, and big departmental stores like Macy's, Bloomingdale's.

    It is at this location where I bought the premium Contour casing for the iPod touch. This is still by far the coolest iPod touch casing I've seen, and its not even sold in Singapore. Oh well... Luckily I did not hesitate. :)

    Refer to this link here for the mall directory.


  2. Great Mall

    This mall is also known as the Great Mall of the bay area. It is located at Milpitas, around 50 miles away from San Francisco. There is also a Home Depot directly opposite the Great Mall if one is interested.

    This mall is another big mall that has many many different types of shop, including a number of outlets like Levis/Dockers, Gap, Nike, and normal shops. It is rather big, with a number of mall exits, so try not to get lost. :) If my memory serves me correctly, one of the exits also lead to a cinema.

    Refer to this link here for the mall directory.


  3. Gilroy Premium Outlets

    This place got to be the biggest shopping area that I've ever been to. It is located at Gilroy, and it contains many outlet stores (145 as of last count), spread among 4 blocks, A, B, C and D.

    It is very possible that you can spend the full day in this area, and yet not cover every single store. I'm serious...

    So far, the stuff in thie area I would say is value for money. However, as they are outlet stores, the design might not be the latest. Heck.. That's the reason why its cheap. :) There are some designs that are quite unique though. As an avid window shopper, I can say that I've never seen these kind of designs in Singapore. :)

    Refer to this link here for the directory of shops. I would recommend that you download the map too so that you will not get lost. ;)

For these malls, do not worry about food. There are plenty of fast food, or restaurants around. Starbucks too. :)


One disadvantage of these shopping areas though... It is very VERY tiring! :p

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...