Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Irreplaceable? That's not what we're being told

If you have spoken to the senior management level often enough, it is very often that they will tell you that no one is irreplaceable. This is one of my bugbears and I have written about it in a post here. However just recently, someone has again stated that someone is irreplaceable.

I will not repeat what I've written in my post previously but the point that I want to bring up is why the double standards? Why senior management level can be irreplaceable but others are replaceable? Do you know how difficult is it to find a team that is able to deliver on time and on schedule? It takes a lot of teamwork and individual proficiency to achieve that state.

In fact, individual proficiency is easier to achieve than working together harmoniously. Teamwork is something that you cannot achieve overnight as team dynamics are very often complicated. Teamwork is where 1 + 1 > 2. How things are able to move smoothly is quite often team dynamics at work. Team members being able to instinctively react to situations regardless.

That is irreplaceable, and teamwork is needed throughout the organisation, not only in the senior management level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your site and have been reading many posts of yours. I just thought I'd add a fast comment and let you know that you've got a genuinely nice weblog. I'll watch out for updates from you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my internet website thus i came to ??return the favor??.I'm trying to find issues to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use a number of of your suggestions!!

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...