Thursday, November 5, 2009

Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong

I quote from Mahatma Gandhi:

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.


I feel that whether to forgive or not also really depends on the person in question. I know of some people who are very thick skinned and if you give them a inch, they'll want a yard (Chinese saying). For this kind of people, I personally feel that forgiveness will not work for them. They'll need some kind of punishment first before the forgiveness can come.

Sometimes I do wonder how people can continue building their happiness on top of other people's worries (Chinese saying). Is there a lack of common courtesy in current society?

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...