Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fujitsu E8410 has no WinXP Pro!!

Back in March, I had a bad experience trying to get a WinXP laptop. Just today, I identified one laptop which will suit me. That's the Fujitsu E8410. New model, and it comes with 3GB RAM (freebies). I've checked that it supports WinXP.

Went down to a shop, and they called up Singapore Fujitsu headquarters. What did they say? They said that there's no more stock for WinXP and there will not be any stock coming in because Microsoft will stop supporting it end of the year!

What??!!!??!? Again I get this stupid problem! Last time was that the laptop could not even support XP. Now, this one can, but no Win XP because of the stupid support problem.

Ok Microsoft, you have forced me to go towards Apple. If I cannot find any reasonable laptop that supports WinXP Pro, I will be getting a MacBook Pro instead, with the newest Leopard. Since I need to start on a clean state, I will start with a Mac. I will just dual boot it to WinXP Home Edition in case I need to play some games.

Yeah Microsoft... You have done it. By the way, did I mention that my current Macbook battery lasts 5hours?

1 comment:

chantc said...

I just checked with the Sony laptops people and they only sell Windows Vista. No Windows XP.

That does it... I'm going towards the Macbook Pro. Grrrrrr.

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...