Friday, April 29, 2011

So are we going to get S$3,000 every budget year?

It seems like there was nothing new being mentioned in the rally. Measures such as S$3,000 to S$4,000 of benefits, top-ups and bonuses have already been explained during the budget talk and debate. However, this does not resolve our problem. We are still slowly being priced out of our country because these benefits are not recurrent.

I have written a post here on my thoughts on this topic. We do not only encounter this cost of living issue last year. It is every year and if you look at the past history, you can count how many times Singaporeans were given payouts. In fact, I remember a certain budget year where the goodies mostly went to businesses. Seems like businesses are treated much better than citizens.

Like I have mentioned in my previous post, this kind of payouts should be a recurrent fixture every year if the GST is really meant to be redistributed out to Singaporeans. If not, then I do not see these payouts as a solution to our problem.


No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...