Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Checkpoint Review 2009

It has been quite some time since I've switched to an area that is very different from what I've been doing since I started work. Did I regret making the switch? Not really. Various reasons why I've decided to move but one of it is the desire for knowledge. The desire to know what's happening on the other side. The desire to know why sometimes things are being done that makes no sense to me.

So did I learn anything? In a way, yes. I understand now the thought process that happens for every IT project from initiation to post-support. I understand why previously some customers behave the way they did when certain types of situations occur. Most importantly, I also understand that I would never gain this knowledge unless I've switched.

I know that it is not easy switching the way I did but I've under-estimated the amount of effort needed for the job switch. Every single day I'm learning something new and my brain is being taxed to the maximum. In fact, almost everyday I'm totally drained out from work and I would fall sleep the moment I touch the bed. Working almost 48hours a week doesn't help my eye bags.

Several times I thought of giving up but I guess I'm pretty stubborn. I would be transiting to another new project soon. Hopefully I will be able to adapt to it better than the previous project that I've been doing. In every job, good colleagues are the ones that keep you going.

Will do another checkpoint review next year. Hopefully I would have then successfully adapted to the new job scope.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...