Friday, January 11, 2008

Shifting My Documents away from C Drive

There are various reasons why you do not want to put your "My Documents" in the default C Drive. These are the various reasons I can think of:
  • Your documents are less frequently written over. Therefore, putting it in another "data partition" will reduce the risk of losing all your documents in the event of harddisk failure.
  • Some applications are not created properly and by default install into C drive. This might result in harddisk space constraints. Moving the Documents folder will clear some of your harddisk space.
  • Your documents are more likely to keep growing due to photos, videos, CDs, etc. Therefore, putting in a separate data partition will allow the defrag application to optimize your C Drive system files, thus increasing performance.

Just follow these steps to either change your "My Documents" location, or move it:
  1. Open Windows Explorer by Winkey E
  2. On the left pane, right-click on "My Documents" and click on Properties
  3. Change the directory path under the Target folder location to your "data drive"
  4. Click on Move if you wish to move all the documents from your present location to the new directory specified.
  5. Click on OK

That's all to it.

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...