Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Facebook is not for bonding

I was seriously surprised when I read that someone treated Facebook as bonding with your friends and family. Come on... Facebook is not meant for that.

Facebook to me is for me to keep connected to some of my circle of friends whom I'm not able to meet due to geological reasons, or due to my time constraint. However, it cannot replace the bonding that takes place between people when they meet.

Like it or not, some people do put up a different "front/face" in the virtual cyberspace. However, its less easy to do that if you meet face to face. That's why most bonding takes place in person.

For the life of me, I cannot imagine how someone can bond with someone through some words typed in cyberspace. You may be able to comment on some recent event/happenings but bond due to those words? Highly unlikely.

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...