Friday, April 17, 2009

Parc Lumiere @ Simei

Updated 18 Apr 2009: Added average psf, configuration info
Updated 21 Apr 2009: Almost sold out
Updated 26 Jul 2009: Left 5 room flats for non-Chinese

Finally the last DBSS site is launched, and it is launched so close to the launch of The Peak. Usually I will wait for more information like floor plans, to come before I write about it, but in this case I will have to make an exception due to the unique way Sim Lian is handling the sale.

I will not repeat what I have written in my other posts on DBSS. You can refer to my The Peak post here, my Natura Loft post here, my Park Central post here, and my CityView post here. The CityView post includes some of the calculations I did to see if it fits into my affordability matrix.

DBSS @ Simei has been named Parc Lumiere, and is located at Simei Road. What is unique about Parc Lumiere is that the sale is to be done on a first come first served basis (Walk-in selection). The pricing of the units start from $425 psf. The pricing and configuration are as follows:

4 room94 sqm
(120 units)
from $378,000
to
$425,000
Living room w/ Balcony and Planter
5 room107 sqm
to
111 sqm
(240 units)
from $462,000
to
$575,000
Living room w/ Balcony and Planter, and Master Bedroom w/ Balcony
Living room w/ big Balcony and Planter, and Study
Living room w/ Balcony and Planter, and Study

The unit comes with floor finishes, built-in kitchen cabinets, cooker hood and hob, built-in wardrobes, bathroom fittings, and air-conditioning systems to the bedrooms. According to the map by HDB here, it's not very far from Simei MRT. I judge it to be about 500m away. The closest shopping centre I can see is Eastpoint Mall, and it's near quite a few golf courses, and Singapore Expo.

The reason why I've decided to post early is because viewing is available from 18 Apr 2009 10am to 7pm, at the showflat at Simei Road. Booking is suppose to start on 21 Apr, but judging that there was already a queue at 8am this morning, it's highly likely that the bookings may be open starting from 18 Apr instead of 21 Apr.

As mentioned above, the bookings are done on a first come first served basis, a departure from the rest of the DBSS/HDB sales. It also seems that the bookings will only be done at the showflats. Translated... You will need to get all of the relevant documents ready if you really wish to buy a unit at Parc Lumiere. One example would be the HDB Loan Eligibility Letter, which you can get from HDB website here.

You can find more information of what you need to know at the following that is linked from Sim Lian:
  • DBSS Brochure here.
  • DBSS Fact sheet here.
  • Application procedures here.
  • Terms and conditions here.
  • FAQ here.

Does this look bad for The Peak? Location wise, The Peak is definitely better. However, Sim Lian changed the rules by going to the first come first served route, and the prices are definitely much cheaper than The Peak. Sales of The Peak will definitely be affected. I myself never had much luck in the balloting previously.

Flat wise, I cannot comment because I've yet to see the floor plan. Looking at the floor plan, it seems that Parc Lumiere units will be slightly bigger than The Peak. The kitchen however is still very tiny. I also do not understand why the smaller 5 room unit has a master bedroom balcony. I would have thought the master bedroom balcony should be best suited on the biggest 5 room unit.

The price is more affordable than the other DBSS launches though. Looking at the psf price, I do not think you can find a condo or private apartment anywhere in Singapore at $425 psf.

Note that even though the sale is handled on a first come first served basis, the flats are still not built. It's only estimated to be ready by 2012.

Good luck to those queuing out there now.

Update 1: As of 21 Apr 2009, all the 4 rooms are sold out. Only low level 5 room flats are available. As expected...

Update 2: As of 26 Jul 2009, limited 5 rooms are available for non-Chinese.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

do u know how many stories will it be?

chantc said...

8 blocks, 12 levels.

Anonymous said...

looks like a piece of crap to me

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...