Friday, April 10, 2009

Definition of Success

I quote from George Sheehan:

Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.


Everyone seems to have a different definition of success, but I find that this definition strikes me the most. Very often, parents try to enforce their own perception of the meaning of success. To me, I find it very puzzling. To be successful, do you need to be a doctor? A lawyer? An engineer?

You do not need to be all that to be successful. You can be a lawyer, but you're in the news because you run off with your client's money. Is that the definition of success?

Being successful is not all about money. Look at it in a more holistic view.

1 comment:

Rin 。 said...

Yes! I agree with you!

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...