Monday, December 5, 2011

OpenNet service leaves much to be desired

Recently I had my OpenNet fixed up and because I had so many differing comments, I chose to keep quiet unless spoken to. They were not too late and they fixed up the fibre pretty quickly. However, the service itself leaves much to be desired.

Somethings that they did not do:
  1. Never put newspaper around where they drill to collect the dust.
  2. They ask you to move your stuff away from where they are drilling within the house. However, they forgot all about the shoes outside. Dust covered slippers and shoes after the works are done.
  3. Dirty fingerprints everywhere. Don't expect them to clean the casement before they install it. Clean it yourself.
  4. Last but not least, they expect you to clean up after them. No reinstatement of your house to what it was before. Sweep the floor? Pick up the rubbish? Your job, not mine. They did not even offer.
Below is the picture of the mess they made after they left. All swept by yours truly.




OpenNet is a consortium consisting of Axia NetMedia (Axia), Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel), Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) and Singapore Power Telecommunications (SPT). They are not small players. Guess I will think a lot harder if I want to engage any of their services. 

According to the letter I've received, I can only subscribe to the new fibre plans 6 weeks after the installation date. That remains to be seen, according to my friends' experiences. Oh well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Open date" for installation should be the word to describe Opennet! They had been postponing installation to my place for 1.5 yrs. latest was start of June 2012. Now they said bet June 2012 to September 2012.
Not only they made a mess at your place but a mess to my schedules and broadband plans!

chantc said...

I've recently received a letter saying that I'm fibre ready. Definitely more than 6 weeks after the initial installation.

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...