Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vegetarian Food @ Po Lin Monastery, Hong Kong

I've tried the vegetarian food when I visited the Tian Tan Buddha at Hong Kong. You can read more about the Tian Tan Buddha in the post I've written here, that includes the cost of the meal and where you can buy the meal ticket.

The À la carte set meal only starts from 11.30am. If you like vegetarian food, you should try it. The normal set consists of 4 dishes, 1 bowl of soup (老黄瓜+番薯) and 1 pot of rice (enough for 4 bowls). The vegetarian food is quite good as it's not oily and not that sweet. The portion of food given was also quite large. The deluxe set will have 2 additional dishes I believe.

Below are some pictures of what we've eaten and some comments.



Vegetarian Spring Roll - Crispy and not oily. Yummy!

Toufu in sweet and spicy corn - The toufu was superb, but I'm not used to the corn. To me its a weird mix :p

Not sure what this is but it looks like Luo Han Zhai (罗汉斋). Not that oily but still quite tasty.

Xiao Bai Cai (小白菜) with Mushrooms.  Tasty!

No comments:

Visit Rhinestic's Knick Knacks @ Etsy for handmade goods and supplies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...